This page is not for the public. It an internal web resource for MABTR foster homes.
Dear Foster Parents,
Thank you for all you do today, tomorrow, and every day after. MABTR truly appreciates you. This page a special resource just for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact me for support at any time.
Sincerely, Jennifer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 402-510-1346
14826 Spaulding St, Omaha, NE 68116
Adoption Folder should include:
- Adoption contract: 2 copies, one for MABTR and one for adoptive family. Adoptor should each sign both copies.
- Boston Notes
- Welcome Letter
- Pet Profile (See Foster Information below)
- Puppy Sheet (Only for puppies under 5 months of age)
Documents for Special Circumstances
- Surrender Form: (Full form to be sent to Jennifer, not to the new owner)
- Surrender Form: (Short form to be sent to Jennifer, not to the new owner) Bring a copy if picking up an owner-surrender dog
- Home Visit Guide
- Charity Receipt Template
- Adoption Fee Chart
- Guide for introducing a new dog to a home where another dog already exist
- Article for preparing and managing a puppy mill survivor
At MABTR we are a family. The health and safety of our foster dogs is our top priority. Do not ever hesitate to call for help.
- Foster Buddies/Mentors:
- Tiffany, 402-614-6495, email@example.com
- Lela, 402-517-6290, Lawlsh4@west.com
- Dana, 402-933-8336, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary, 402-871-9588, email@example.com
- Deb, 720-936-0149, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lynda, 402-871-6104, email@example.com
- Cat Testers
- Broomfield, CO: Lisa, 720-837-9533 or Jack, 303-913-6947
- Des Moines, IA: Nancy, 515-282-2838 and Robert, 515-867-6085
- Kansas City, MO: Winding River, set up with Donna, 816-560-5327
- Lakewood, CO: Marlana, 757-236-1008
- Platteville, CO: Linda, 720-438-1759
- Omaha, NE: Lela, 402-517-6290
- St Louis, MO:
General Foster Information
- Methods and Procedures: Please read this document to fully understand what is expected of you as a foster. Plus a great guideline to a successful foster experience and adoption.
- Checklist (excel) Checklist (PDF) for preparing your foster dog for adoption.
- Pet Profile: Fill this out for every foster dog. Think of it as a diary (this is not the profile for petfinder). Once the dog is committed to email one copy to Jennifer; print out another copy for adoption folder.
- Photos: Here are some articles about photographing pets. Photos make all the different when it comes to adoption. They can either grab people’s heart or turn people away. Try to capture your foster dog’s personality!
- Vet clinics we have worked with that have a file for MABTR
- PETFINDER PROFILE: Post your dog in one of the following ways:
A POEM TO MY FOSTER DOG
I am the bridge,
Between what was and what can be.
I am the pathway to a new life.
I am made of mush,
Because my heart melted when I saw you,
Matted and sore, limping, depressed
Lonely, unwanted, afraid to love.
For one little time you are mine.
I will feed you with my own hand.
I will love you with my whole heart.
I will make you whole.
I am made of steel.
Because when the time comes,
When you are well, and sleek,
when your eyes shine,
And your tail wags with joy
Then comes the hard part.
I will let you go-not without a tear,
But without a regret.
For you are safe forever–
A new dog needs me now.
By Diane Morgan